Tuesday 29 September 2015

Habitats!

Hey ya'll!

We do a HUGE 3 week unit on habitats! We study the Savanna, the Rainforest, and the Ocean. We do one habitat each week, and we focus the first day on the habitat, the second day on the animals, the third day on the people, and the fourth day we put it all together with writing! (And on Fridays we did an art project for that habitat)

This year I chose to organize the kids' units using file folders. They just glued a piece of paper that was divided into 3 sections on to a part of the file folder, and then each day we wrote in one section. Then the next week we glued another paper in. This kept them from getting mixed up and made it easier look at to grade, PLUS I could then put their 4th day writing papers inside the file folders when we were all done! Voila!

If I was more with it I would have handy dandy pictures to show you of a completed file folder, but I sent them all home during parent/teacher conference week!

I DO have pictures of a few of the anchors we created, though! One the ocean one, everything on the anchor they also wrote in their folder over the 3 days, and the other 2 weeks looked very similar for the other habitats.



Here is us working on a guided art project to make a picture of a rainstorm at sunset in the savanna! This was actually quite ambitious for me to do during the 3rd week of school, but they LOVED it, and so did I!






The finished products! They were all so beautiful!



The kids LOVE this unit! And they all learn SO much! Parents were really excited to get to take their units home, and I heard a lot of, "Oh! They came home everyday tell me about this!" My teacher heart was SO happy!




No comments:

Post a Comment